Excellent Alex F tuba for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenneth Sturgeon on August 09, 2001 at 03:57:27:

After much consideration, I have decided to put my Alex F up for sale. It is a wonderful 4 valve F that I purchased from Chester Schmitz who bought it from Joe Novotny. It has recently been cleaned and serviced by Matt Walters at Dillon Music. It is in great condition with no major dents. The lacquer has been removed and it has the original large mouthpiece receiver. Clock spring valves are tight and fast. This Alex plays very well in tune and the tone is that beautiful and resonant Alex tone. Chester's memorable comment about this horn is "...it has that magic high G# for Bidlo..." I tried it and it worked for me. As to why I am selling it. I have to perform the V. Williams and the low Gb in the 1st mvmt. is next to impossible. The only way I know is to "false tone" it on 3rd valve and it just doesn't cut it for me. I considered keeping it and putting a 5th valve on, however after cautions about the procedure from a friend, I decided it would be too risky. My price is $4000.00 and includes a gig bag. Please e-mail me if interested.

Follow Ups: