Re: Re: Re: Tuba at Dillons

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on August 08, 2001 at 23:51:06:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tuba at Dillons posted by Dale Phelps on August 08, 2001 at 21:53:03:

'bud'man,

Yes, I know the Symphony is a fantastic ensemble and I know of Mr. C. I remember quite a few years ago when a friend of mine used to play with the Symphony and I was kind of tickled that he was playing a big ol' 5/4 Meinl that I had sold him. It (again, as I've been flamed before for stating these sorts of opinions) just seems odd to me to post: "Hello, I am a well-known and respected player. A company that most of you have heard of isn't answering my emails and I want my tuba back. Do any of you have any advice?"

How can such an inquiry be interpreted neutrally?

If a well-known and well-respected performer (by me, too, though I'm sure that I have not made a friend today) really wanted their instrument returned, rather than announce it in a post, how about a phone call, an an overnight letter, or a certified letter?...

...and no, I am not the cause of Matt being "swamped", but collectively (I believe) the dozens like me who can't deal with tuba repairs anymore, combined with Matt's extremely high level of expertise and high profile, are the cause.

' my opinions, for the very little that they are worth

Follow Ups: