Re: Re: Re: Bell change on euphonium

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on August 03, 2001 at 17:31:35:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Bell change on euphonium posted by Jerry on August 03, 2001 at 00:58:30:

Ah, but who SAYS it isn't a discussion about this or that? When you meet with friends for a beverage, do you dictate where the discussion can or cannot go? If so, I please do not invite me to share your table.

I do understand your desire to be sure that you eventually get an answer to your question, but when someone (who might not HAVE the info) asks a question, it might be because they have other info that might be helpful, or because they want to see if you have some ideas that might be of interest to himself or others. It doesn't mean he's sinisterly guarding secret information, trying to keep it from you. The polite - and practical - course of action would be to engage in the discussion, and if an actual answer isn't forthcoming THEN, as a participant in the discussion, post something like: "This has turned into a really interesting discussion, and I've sure enjoyed it and gotten a lot out of it; but I'm still wondering, does anyone know if ..."

Joe "who has always found it practical to be polite" Baker

Follow Ups: