Re: Re: Who wants a new Upright Bell?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on August 31, 2000 at 08:37:45:

In Reply to: Re: Who wants a new Upright Bell? posted by another visionary on August 30, 2000 at 22:06:01:

Good one, Dr. Hill! I was expecting some skepticism, and I always appreciate good humor.
First of all, I'm not promising anything, and of course I'm not really taking pre-orders.
Too good to be true? I'm not expecting a Nobel prize here, I am just really excited about the possibilities and couldn't contain myself. (with Mike Myers Dr. Evil accent)
My partner and I are working with this company, we'll call it "Company A", which makes all kinds of different products with this stuff, I call it "filament wound composite." As for details, I'm sure you can appreciate that there are still certain legal concerns to be ironed out (patents, non-disclosure agreements etc.) And then how do we sell the things? Exclusive agreement with TE (or BW, whomever), maybe set up our own web-store, dump one on E-bay every week? Should we sell direct to the end user, or sell them to someone whose distribution network is in place. Will UMI want it? Will they sue our pants off?
Maybe I've said too much already...
Just wanted to let everyone know that we are serious. I have included my personal e-mail at the top of this post and will gladly entertain questions, comments, suggestions and even criticism.
MF

Follow Ups: