Re: Re: Re: King-UMI Model 2341Four-Valve Tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ken k on August 25, 2000 at 22:04:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: King-UMI Model 2341Four-Valve Tubas posted by Jim on August 24, 2000 at 21:48:25:

The King case is a two piece case, which is sort of a pain. You have to detach the bell every time you are done to put it in the case. On the other hand it does make it easier to transport. The bell case is made in such a way that it will fit either the forward bell or the upright bell. so if you get both you would have to get two bell cases (if you want to keep both bells in a case). You could get a case to fit the tuba with the upright bell made by Allied. This way you would not have to detach the bell all the time. They do not normally make a this case, but you can order it. They have the dimensions and have made many of them. I do not know about a case to fit the horn with a forwad facing bell. I guess you can get anything made custom. It would be huge though. The forward bell is 22" I think. I will echo the previous post in saying that with the horn, bell and the case you are talking serious poundage! get one with wheels! But seriously it is worth it to keep the horn in good condition.
ken "Love tose Kings!" k

Follow Ups: