Re: Weril J681L 3/4 4V piston CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason on August 24, 2000 at 16:24:05:

In Reply to: Weril J681L 3/4 4V piston CC posted by Anthony on August 24, 2000 at 14:22:19:

Anthony,

Well, to first start off, you can find these horns at Baltimore Brass Co. I purchased mine from Dave Fedderly about 5 months ago. After first hearing about these new horns I was quite skeptical. But, I went with one of them and picked up the CC. My first impression of the horn was how easy it was to play throughout the entire range of the horn. The respone is lighting fast and with this BiNaK oil treatment I am quite pleased with the valve action. The horn itself is really simply built. The tuning slides are all easy to reach for tuning if need be. However I don't do much slide adjusting on mine because pitch is really centered. I find it at home in any qunitet setting as well as solo playing. It does lack the 5th valve that you can get on the Yamaha, but then again I have no use for it. On my horn the low range seems to have great intonation and is really open. And really, it is a great excercise to lip the low Db into place. Any way, if you are curious and have more questions about the horn please give me an email. I would also suggest emailing Dave Fedderly, he is a great guy to do business with. Straight and honest, don't we all wish sales people were that way.

Jason Martin

Follow Ups: