FS: B&S PT-5

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joshua Wirt on August 22, 2000 at 23:58:56:

For sale--

After much thought and debate, I must sell my B&S PT-5 (the precursor to the popular PT-6). The horn design is identical to that of the PT-6 except for a slighty smaller bell throat. I have played 3-4 new PT-6's in the past year and a half next to my PT-5 and didn't like any of them as much as mine.

This horn was hand-picked about 9 years ago by a prominent DC tuba player for one of his students (the original owner). I purchased the instrument a few years ago and have been extremely happy with it and its performance.

The reason I must sell it is this.....I can't afford to have a 5/4 CC sitting around. When I purchased the horn, I was working on my undergrad degree and it was the perfect horn for wind ensemble, orchestra and brass ensemble. But now most of my playing is quintet and solo work. I have found a 4/4 CC that I would like to purchase and need to free up some $$$$. Most of my playing is done on my F (a horn that I will not part with) but I need this other CC for some stuff coming up in the near future.

This is a great horn that got me many kudos from several players and teachers. I used it in a masterclass last summer with Roger Bobo and Lance Nagels and they really liked the sound of the horn. I have used it in several professional settings and found it to be an extremely easy horn to play in a variety of ensembles.

And now the part you've all been waiting for......

The horn includes an Alteiri gig bag and I'll throw in the Stonelined practice mute that I got for this horn. It has some dents in the bottom bow that are cosmetic. It has had regular annual maintenance. The lacquer is flawless except for a few scrathes on the back of the bell (from the original owner's band uniform).

Everything, new, would go for over $9500.

I'm asking $6000 or best reasonable offer.

Shipping in the Continental US will be included in the price (I live in Southwest VA. I'm checking into shipping it by Amtrak so it can be insured and have a better chance of "survival". I will also have the horn chemically cleaned and checked over by my repair guy. I will also have pics ready to send if needed in the next day or so once I get a hold of a digital camera.

Any other questions can be sent to:

skippy(AT)vt.edu

Thanks!

Josh

Follow Ups: