Re: Meinl Weston 45 S-LP F-Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on August 17, 2000 at 19:10:58:

In Reply to: Meinl Weston 45 S-LP F-Tuba posted by Anthony on August 17, 2000 at 15:44:02:

Anthony,
I too was in your situation with a 6/4 and not a smaller CC.
I just recently purchased a new MW 45 SLP from Dillon music in July. Your right these tubas run right at $5k. I must say I am very pleased with this tuba. Since I got the horn I have had plenty of time to get used to it and feel her out. These horns would make a great quintet horn. I think this horn is capable of sounding almost like a smaller CC tuba(when wanted) while maintaining it's F characteristic's. The intonation is very easy as well. The low range on these tubas is VERY good, much better than any B&S I played and I played lot's of them before I settled on the SLP. From what I have heard these tubas are very consistent.
I have found that for ME the Laskey 30F and 30C mp's(w/E shank) work best for me with this tuba. I would also have to say the Dillon S-3 model works real well too.
If I am not mistaking Dillon Music still has 1-3 in stock. Give Matt Walters a call! Actually you had better wait until next week, Matt is home sick(out for a week) right now with a BAD cold.

Good Luck in your searh!
Pete Link

Follow Ups: