Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone tried this yet?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ike H. on August 15, 2000 at 15:34:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Anyone tried this yet? posted by Matt Walters on August 13, 2000 at 12:49:21:

Matt W, you need to have your own BBS or some sort of forum just to tap into the your vast knowledge of all this stuff. Anyway, this is a good opportunity to ask you what's been on my mind concerning this Getzen I've been playing for a while. The pitch on this particular horn is just about right in a warm room when the tuning slide is almost all the way in, so when it's colder, I start to have to work harder to keep the pitch where it needs to be. If I were to decide to have this horn cut a little, where on the horn would that take place? There is no more room on the main slide, as it's already down to where the brace is. I've seen the promo picture of the CB horn, and the slide looks much longer than mine, but this one looks too clean to have been cut already.
Also, on a different note, I now understand, after having been through the Mirafone spectrum of horns and this one, why the American horns are darker sounding, and German style, brighter, due to this discussion and others. And after playing the Getzen for about a year, I'm learning how to make it focus better to make up some of the difference in the two concepts.

Follow Ups: