Re: some thoughts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve L. on August 13, 2000 at 19:07:46:

In Reply to: some thoughts posted by Neil MacQuarrie on August 13, 2000 at 18:34:47:

I know exactly what you mean. Perhaps I learned that this year. I had a busy life and tuba was a bit low on my priorities. I thought I had confidence in being that I made the all-state band last year. This year, though, I missed the all-state with a fluke audition in my area and then I was crushed for a while. I didn't play the tuba for about 4 weeks after that in a depression that followed. However, everything else in my life was going fine. I started focusing in my school habits and working hard. Suddenly, I was getting good grades and I wasn't dreaming confidence, it existed in itself. This school expierence taught me that perhaps I needed an unspoken confidence in tuba playing- something that perhaps I lacked before. Sure, I could be arrogant like a few brass players I know, but that's not the way it goes if you love what you do.

In this affect, yeah, you're life expierences can inspire your playing habits. I never thought of it that way exactly but now you put the pieces together.

~Steve

Follow Ups: