Tuba Exchange Problems

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ed Luinstra on August 11, 2000 at 09:41:17:

Fourteen days ago today I ordered a tuba from the Tuba Exchange in North Carolina. It was to have been shipped to an address in Illinois a week later (around Aug. 4).

However, due to mixup, they shipped the tuba to an address in Texas instead! No problem, said the folks at the Tuba Exchange, we will just have the horn sent back to us in NC and shipped back out again.

This complicated matters because I was only going to be at the Illinois address for a couple of days, as a visitor. The instrument would have to be shipped to me at my home in Canada instead. The Tuba Exchange said they would do that, and take care of additional shipping costs.

So I agreed to the new plan and hoped for the best.

Now I have learned that another screw-up has occurred. The horn was shipped back to the store and then went back out again to Texas.

This is all according to what the Tuba Exchange has told me. They are being nice about it, and have offered to cancel the sale. However, we still want the horn at the agreed-to price.

Well, I am posting this note to ask for advice. What experience do you have with the Tuba Exchange? Do you think they have possibly lost the horn or sold it to another customer and are just feeding us stories? Or is it more likely that these are unfortunate errors and that the issue will resolve soon?

Thanks for any input.

Ed

Follow Ups: