Re: st. petersburg for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary Swart on August 10, 2000 at 22:40:58:

In Reply to: st. petersburg for sale posted by steve on August 10, 2000 at 15:29:07:

Guy had a 3 value St Pete on ebay recently. He was going away for a couple of weeks and pulled the plug on the auction before it sold. It wrote questioning the "3" valves and he sent me several photos of it. Sure enough, just 3. I never knew St Petes had anything be 4 valves. He said he would put it back on ebay in the "middle of the month" when he returned.

Although there are many user of this board than look down their noses at anything less than a Meinl Weston, I've be happy with my St Pete. I got it a year ago from Die Tuba in Germany. I think he's sold out now. My horn plays in tune in all registers, have a full, dark tone, and is capable of mucho volumn if needed. True the nickle plating is thin and the metal is thin and easily dented. It's similar to a Cerveny in that respect. I think it's a great horn for the money. No, it's not as good as a MW, HB, or the other $10K horns, but it's sure better than some that I've played that cost 4 to 5K.

Follow Ups: