Re: HOW#%$!(AT)#%$ CAN YOU AFFORD TUBA$$$$$$$$$

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by anothermous on August 30, 1999 at 21:31:59:

In Reply to: HOW#%$!(AT)#%$ CAN YOU AFFORD TUBA$$$$$$$$$ posted by anonymous on August 30, 1999 at 20:21:31:

I have quite a bit of money available for purchases. My secret? No cable T.V., old car, thrift store clothes (very expensive name-brand when bought new great-looking stuff), no cigarettes, no booze or drugs, no meals out, no movies, no new stereo, no health club membership, no fancy vacations, etc. etc. ("It is NOT how much you make, but rather how much you SPEND.")

But guess what? no mortgage, no car payments, no credit card debt, etc. etc. and a pocket full of bucks for maybe a nice tuba, if I want one.

Do like I have done BEFORE you "invest" in the stock market/mutual funds, or whatever. I am NOW at the point (debt-free with some extra money) that I can AFFORD to invest (risk) to make even more extra money -- or perhaps to be in a position to take good advantage of a "deal" (maybe on a great tuba) that might come up.

P.S. Getting a loan for ANYTHING is the very LAST alternative ALWAYS. Going into debt can be compared to selling days off of the end of your life. If you don't have money and MUST buy something, work your buttocks off to earn the money for it. Your horribly-indebted friends will eventually start teasing you about being "rich" if you follow this advice (they will be jealous), but that's not such a bad thing to be teased about.

Follow Ups: