Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Please help!! What is a Bb Babordon?????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh Whitlow on August 18, 1999 at 06:08:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Please help!! What is a Bb Babordon????? posted by Jay Bertolet on August 17, 1999 at 07:03:37:

I think your concerns are well-justified and quite valid. If I spent any great length of time during my class to focus on one individual student, I would most asssuredly lose the focus and concentration of the other students. As a result, little would be accomplished in class. My sixth grade beginning band class is usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 to 50 kids. If I take more than 30 seconds to a minute to address one student's problem, then the other 44 or so kids will quickly become nonproductive. As much as I might wish to spend more one-on-one time with this particular student, it's just not feasible.

My solution to this dilemma is to talk to the student after class or after school or make a brief phone call home. Many parents complain that teacher/parent communication is not up to par. With a phone call home I can improve communication, as well as, ensure proper support for whatever problem may be occuring in my class. Hopefully, though not always, a negative situation can turn into a positive situation and the child can continue to grow musically within our program.

Thanks for bringing up and addressing an all too common problem in today's educational system!

Follow Ups: