Re: Re: Re: Re: Oklahoma Update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on May 05, 2003 at 11:33:57:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Oklahoma Update posted by Brandon on May 03, 2003 at 10:09:24:

Brandon, no, you are not entitled to know anything about the situation. None of us are. We are not a court, and we have no responsibility to make judgments. All we can do is gossip about details, which I submit is unethical in any case.

Most employers are legally restricted from making public disclosures about personnel matters, while employees are not. Thus, public forums are one-sided in the best of cases, and everyone should keep that in mind.

I am happy to talk of my own previous experiences in the job world, both to encourage Mr. Cox and also to suggest that he focus on the future and not the past, but the efficacy of my experiences to his situation is something only he can determine. Though I may talk about who I think was wrong in my own experiences, I am opposed to discussing who is right and wrong here, or in any other current case.

It is also true that these disclosures become a matter of public record, and can be used against those who speak. We should all be careful of what we say because of that.

Rick "thinking that the truth will remain unknown no matter what is said here" Denney

Follow Ups: