Re: suggested guidelines

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cliff on May 01, 2003 at 08:48:22:

In Reply to: suggested guidelines posted by perfess'r on April 29, 2003 at 12:55:59:

I have a suggestion, people who want read these types of post, read them. People who do not , don't. I havent't read every post in this particular discussion so I may be stating something already covered. I think Sean should (and does) have the final say in the value of topics. He does own the board. I don't know how most BBS'ers do it but I will generally look at the intitial post of every topic just to see if it is something I want to read. I do this even during the summer months (when many post are not my cup o' tea). BTW, my playing background/ablitiy... i went to an average, small university, was an average tuba player, and an O.K. band directer (not Oklahoma)with an average band. I never did achieve great facilty on the 36 minor scales (but I happened to know the 6-8 the jury asked). I almost never practice anymore, but due to teaching HS and MS band I do know the Bb major scale (along with any convievable permutation). Can I still read the post and occasionally post something stupid? I'm surprised that the discussion hasn't evolved to "how does knowing 48 scale patterns makes you a musician" yet. Or, has it?

Cliff Higgins

Follow Ups: