Re: Re: I was fired from the University of OK.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on April 29, 2003 at 10:12:17:

In Reply to: Re: I was fired from the University of OK. posted by Blanchard on April 29, 2003 at 08:25:33:

when I applied for grad school, it was with the interest and GREAT deal of excitement about working for a specific professor, who was doffed by the department that spring and went of to Colorado at Boulder. By the time I found out, it was obviously too late to apply to Boulder, and also obviously too late to change my plans for the institution I was accepted to (which incidentally, did not notify me of this guy's departure when they sent the acceptance letter.)

I allowed this experience to permanently hose the track of my academic career, and (perhaps rightly) led me to believe that ALL institutions, regardless of the good-meaning people who are a part of them, treat students, faculty, and staff as just so much fodder. Just like the business world. Imagine that.

Hang in there Ted, its too bad the OU has (liley) squandered the delvelopment work you did for the tuba studio there the past decade

Follow Ups: