Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auditions and BAT's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on April 25, 2003 at 14:04:23:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auditions and BAT's posted by Thanks Joe on April 25, 2003 at 13:31:40:

I don't know what they maybe teaching in LA or Boston. Do you?

No, I certainly don't. My entire music education, such as it has been, took place within a 30-mile radius in North Texas (HS in Dallas, quit music major after one year at North Texas). As I stated, I have no opinion on the accuracy of your comments. My only point was that to carelessly throw around such invective is inappropriate. It would have been far more useful AND accurate to heap praise where you thought it was due, without demeaning those places that you thought were lacking. The midwest is a LARGE area, one that I doubt is deserving of such broad derision. Even if it has some basis in fact, the way you couched this opinion was highly inflammatory. I consider this only slightly less insulting than "Southerners are racist", or "Northeasterners are rude", or "black/brown/white people are ...". Very ugly, and very unfair to the majority that do NOT fit the stereotypes.

Joe Baker, who hopes Jim understands the difference between THE RIGHT to speak his mind, and it BEING RIGHT to do so.

Follow Ups: