Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auditions and BAT's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on April 25, 2003 at 13:15:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auditions and BAT's posted by Jim L on April 25, 2003 at 12:56:42:

Jim, you are correct that I am taking this too far. I've been a little riled up all day, it's not you. But apparently I will continue anyway, heart attack by 30 be damned.

If your sentence read, "Musicality seems to be overlooked very much by a lot of musicians, especially in my experience" or "especially in groups that I have performed with" then I would never have said anything about it. In fact, I think that is may have been what you were trying to say. Or you might have been trying to say that Americans overlook musicality. Or American brass players. But why do you insist on disparing the midwest? Musicality is not a province of the coast. People are similar everywhere. Some people are musical. Some of those people live or were raised in the midwest. There are also people that overlook musicality in favor of technique. Some of those people also live in the midwest. But we got no monopoly on musicality over here in the land close to the Atlantic. Them Pacificists don't neither. Or on correct grammar.

Bill

P.S. Of course you have the right to your OPINION. So do I. Buy a 5/4 MW 2000 or 2155 or PT-6 and leave the BAT to after you get a job and it becomes your second contrabass tuba.

Follow Ups: