Re: Best Mouthpiece choice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on April 22, 2003 at 21:22:35:

In Reply to: Best Mouthpiece choice posted by Lewis Clark on April 17, 2003 at 11:15:42:

Asking which mouthpiece is best is like asking which flavor of ice cream is the best. There is no correct answer, only individual preferences.

The mouthpieces you have now are both very popular models and hundreds of people use them with varying levels of success. I use basically the same mouthpieces you use and enjoy them. I also use a PT-88 and have experimented with many others over the years. I am yet to find that magic general CC tuba mouthpiece which works well the majority of the time. So for now I use a Shilke Helleburg II on CC.

As far as I can tell I HAVE found the long term mouthpiece I will use on F tuba, my PT-65s. It is very very similiar to the PT-64 you use now.

None of this can really help you out directly though because you have a different face, instrument, and opinions that I do so your decisions will be unique to you, even if the end results turn out to be the exact same mouthpiece choices.

Sort of like when Forest Gump asks his mother on her death bed what his destiny is and she says that he will just have to find that out for himself.

Follow Ups: