Re: Floyd Cooley

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony Clements on April 21, 2003 at 12:55:22:

In Reply to: Floyd Cooley posted by Adam P on April 21, 2003 at 01:46:16:

I have spoken to Floyd several times since he retired from the SF Symphony. He told me, after 30+ years of playing symphonic music, he was ready to do something else. He owns at least one BMW motorcycle and is heavily involved in riding. He lives in Wyoming where there are GREAT m/c roads. He works part time in a wine shop (he is a wine connoseur) and spends the bulk of his time riding. He LOVES teaching at DePaul and looks forward to working with his students there. He told me about a class he is teaching there: His students bring THEIR students in and he helps his students learn how to teach, a wonderful concept. I don't know of another school that offers that type of experience. There is a peace and calmness in his voice that I haven't heard before. I believe he is really happy in his new life of teaching and riding. Floyd is an OUTSTANDING teacher and if you have an opportunity to take a few lessons from him, I would strongly encourage everyone to do so. If we were closer, I would.

Follow Ups: