Re: I need a new tuba!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Phil Lewis on April 01, 2003 at 22:45:02:

In Reply to: I need a new tuba! posted by Brad on April 01, 2003 at 21:09:48:

Public school aren't in much better shape, at least not here in Missouri. But, that's another story. Has your director considered organizing a parent support group. We have one here that we call the "Friends of Music" and they support both the instrumental and vocal programs in our high school. They conduct various fund raisers throughout the year which provides us with some much needed revenue to purchase those expensive items that the school can't afford or just won't buy. Most of the public schools in our conference have just such an organization and I doubt seriously if any of the directors could survive without them. They also help pitch in with jobs like road crews on away trips to competitions and even at home games by setting up the "pit", director's stand, providing refeshments during band camp, etc. It's just something to think about. No director or student can face these problems alone. Get some help. This is not to discourage you from getting your instrument, but just a way to help your school's band get what they need to make the musical experience a pleasant one. Good luck.

Follow Ups: