Re: Re: I need a new tuba!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on April 01, 2003 at 21:35:22:

In Reply to: Re: I need a new tuba! posted by John on April 01, 2003 at 21:19:37:

I won't need it after high school. I know I could always sell it out again, but no one really has what I need. I need a kanstul type with the convenient valve placement. I would be willing to march a GG contra, I'd write down the fingerings all over the music so I can play it right, as long as the contra has three valves, as marching band music (from last marching season's halftime shows anyway) love Eb, which you can't get on a GG contra with two valves, as I believe Eb is 2-3 on a GG instrument? Because out of pure guessing, a concert Bb scale is: Bb is 2-3, C is 1, D is 0, Eb is 2-3, F is 1, G is 0, A is 1-2 back up to Bb, which would be 2.

My parents have even told me, when you get your job this summer, you can spend the money however you want, just as long as you have enough for car insurance, gas, and anything emergency like that can happen, but you can absolutely not buy a tuba. That's for the school to buy, if they can't buy one or four, it's their fault.

Follow Ups: