Re: Playing outdoors to improve tone quality

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay on April 28, 2002 at 12:23:57:

In Reply to: Playing outdoors to improve tone quality posted by Joey Moulton on April 27, 2002 at 17:01:50:

It will give you lips and lungs of kevlar, completely bullet proof. I lead sectionals in several high schools around the area and I can vouch for the fact that my lips get shocked back into shape after several weeks of bandcamp. None of the bandcamps are going to be rehearsing the 4-10 hours a day you might be in Corps.
As far as tone, well that does depend on what corps you go with, how hard you work, and what kind of attitude towards a different learning angle you have. It has not hurt ANYONE on this list to get a different perspective from a different teacher (anyone diagree?).
There are people here that love the corps and people that hate it (not that you would have noticed). If you want to try it, well try it. You never know, you might be laying the foundation to try and be the next Jacobs.
I usually try not to stand in the way of any student of mine doing something that will perk their interest more in music.

Just a thought

Follow Ups: