Alex CC FS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff Baker on April 25, 2002 at 13:46:12:

1968 raw brass Alexander CC

Mike Sanders' (St. Louis Symphony, San Antonio Symphony) old horn. Bought when he was in high school, he (Mike Sanders) played on this horn in the San Antonio Symphony and sold it to Morris Kainuma. This horn was sold to me about 3 years ago and has been a wonderful, wonderful horn for me.

4 valves in great shape. There is plenty of life left on the valves. 1st valve is vented. Tuning slide has been cut for intonation purposes. This horn never had laquer on it. Cosmetic dents, and some wear on the bell garland. Comes with a hard case and soft bag, if you're a gig bag person, you'll need a gig bag. It has new ball and socket linkage and has just been professionally cleaned. Original leadpipe.

This horn has very good intonation as far as Alexanders go. I only need to pull my 4th slide on 2-4 combinations (Db and Gb). It takes some typical Alexander fingerings (G and D in the staff as 1-3) but there are no notes that are just bad on this horn. It gets a gorgeous sound and has excellent response. This is an awesome horn and I'd love to keep it but I'm not in a financial position to own 2 CC tubas.

My price is $5500 firm.

I will be happy to answer any questions. The horn is in Dallas. I have pictures, just email me for them.

Follow Ups: