Re: Consensus of Tuba Inventory and Cost

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve C on April 24, 2002 at 12:01:15:

In Reply to: Consensus of Tuba Inventory and Cost posted by Mike on April 23, 2002 at 21:13:36:

Had to jump in here.

These are my primary horns, I have a few others that I almost never play unless I'm in some strange mood:

*Yamaha YCB-822CC $6000 - used (anyone says anything about this price I'll kill 'em. I love the horn and don't plan on selling it for quite a while)
- Dillon H1L - used $75?

*Amati/Cerveny CEB-641-4? Eb $900 so far (and very playable), its had a chem clean, looking to upgrade its clock-spring rotors and adding a 5th valve, its got a bit more to go in it
- PT65 - used $55

*Reynolds Contempora Bass-Bone with E/F dependant triggers $900 (yet, my 1st trigger is E with the second being an assending valve up to F)
- Bach 1G goldplated - new $65?

*Besson Prototype 5-valve chicago bore (whatever that means) euph $750+tenor sax for repair. Was playable but not top notch, will be soon :-D I love the sound of these old euphs. There is a character to them not found in todays .590"-bore, 12"-bell euphs (compared to my .562" bore and not even 10" bell. And it is a euph and not a baritone, to big to be a baritone)
No mouthpiece yet. But will probably be a wick 2AL or SM2

Steve C

Follow Ups: