Re: Consensus of Tuba Inventory and Cost

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on April 24, 2002 at 07:40:07:

In Reply to: Consensus of Tuba Inventory and Cost posted by Mike on April 23, 2002 at 21:13:36:

I'll only list the playable ones. Not the projects.

1) My 4 piston York CC that I made from an Eb bell and bottom bow. About $2000 in parts and 5 years of my spare time getting it just the way I wanted it. Someone would have to wave over $10K in my face before I'd let that one out of my hands.

2) MW 46, a six rotor F tuba. Borrowed the money to buy it new in 1986 for only $2300. Sold it becasue I needed the money. Then later bought it back for $2800 because it is still one of the best rotor F tubas I have played.

3) Grazlitz 4 rotor CC that once belonged to Bill Bell. I bought it from Dave Bragunier, who used it when he was also a student at Peabody. It was the horn he used when he played his fist pay gig. It also belonged to his predecessor at the National Symphony. When Dave took a lesson from Bill Bell, Mr. Bell recognized the horn and told him so. I need to restore it, but that painfull comb on the bottom bow is going to go! Dave sold it to me real cheap. After I finish my H.N. White CC project, this horn will be next.

Matt

Follow Ups: