Re: Re: Re: Re: How Many Tubas Are Made a Day?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on April 24, 2002 at 06:54:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: How Many Tubas Are Made a Day? posted by JB on April 23, 2002 at 21:48:42:

It is very hard to tell about the volume of the domestic tuba market in China.

Yamaha was a large domestic market. They are making stencils for at least 2 US brands, Holton and Bach. In their own right they they sell well in low end, midlevel, as well as high end market segments in the US as well as in continental Western Europe. They have been slow starters in the UK.

Still there is one high volume, that I wonder why nobody has mentioned: Amati/Cerveny/Denak. In my country they are considered strictly low end instruments. Not because of their musical qualities, but because they are so non-sturdily built. Still there is a market for them. Through an official importer , through a strange parallel importer, and through private imports by tourists and bands visiting Czechia.

One of the things wondering me most, when getting in contact with the US tuba community was, that there are actually players considering Cervenys a serious choice of tool for pro-level playing. Actually making money by using them.

I knew that these Czech instruments are in widespread use in the Central and Eastern European countries. But I considered that mostly a matter of economics. As bands are popular in Eastern Europe, I might guess, that Amati/Cerveny/Denak actually could be the most widespread make in tubas.

Klaus

Follow Ups: