Re: Re: Re: Info on Sterling Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on April 23, 2002 at 18:02:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Info on Sterling Tuba posted by Jenny on April 23, 2002 at 03:45:15:

HI Jenny

I am sure, that Andy Cattanach had chimed in, if he had been on top of this one.
Unfortunately Th eterm "Sterling" is so common in a brass instrument context, that a Google search is hopelessly imprecise.

I have only been in London twice. 1963, when I lodged on a 18 Great Peter Street SA hostel for the homeless because the nearby student hostel was overbooked.

In 1978 I stayed more comfortably in a hotel in Buckingham Street very close to the palace. A quite exiting stay. Playing on the stage of the Royal Albert Hall. Walking back to the hotel from a late night party very far out on Kensington High Street. Importing a dog back for some Danish friends. But not making me very wise in hinsight of helping you.

But I might have hints for a few helpful sources.

Back in 1999 I had a very good phone talk with the tuba expert at Parker Music of London. He is the one playing a 3 valve old large Conn BBb and a B&S rotary CC. He should be able to help you. I have a phone number saying something like 1714868206. There might miss a zero in the beginning.

Then there is Ricky McQueen of McQueens Musical Instruments in Manchester. Also very helpful towards me. An approximated phone number would be 16 17 94 35 43 or 01204 794 600.

Mark Carter would also have valuable information. Please, see link below.

Klaus

Follow Ups: