Re: Re: Re: (THE NEW) King 2341

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ed on April 22, 2002 at 21:02:21:

In Reply to: Re: Re: (THE NEW) King 2341 posted by ED on April 22, 2002 at 10:10:21:

I have owned and used on paying jobs around 70 tubas in the last 30 years including 4 different 186 Mirafones,the rotory Yamaha,Holtons,Yorks,Cervevys,and just about any other thing you can think of.Last Christmas I got a King 2341 and while all of the other horns had strong points this particular King[it is the only 2341 I've played so far]is the strongest in every department.Best intonation far and away,as even a response in all registers as anything I have encountered but biggest for me this horn has the quintisential dark fat American sound that sounds great by itself and gives the ensemble a nice fat pleasant sounding cushion on the bottom.If you played one that had a thin sound compared to a 186 or a rotory Yamaha either I have a rare good one or you found a weak one.I'll bet you love the next one that you try.The first batch or two were alittle high in pitch because of the shorter bell but from mine on they added tubing in the back that brought them down to pitch without screwing up the blow. Ed

Follow Ups: