77 Orchestral CDs For Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KSO on April 21, 2002 at 17:24:28:

77 Orchestral CDs For Sale:

I have the following 77 Orchestral CDs for sale. A lot of them are pretty “tuba heavy”. There is a lot of Chicago, New York, etc. I will list them with Box Sets/multiple disc sets first, then single CDs.

I’m open to negotiations. Whether you want to buy 5 of them or all 77 of them. Make me an offer. I’m going to wait a couple of days to let the TubeNet folks have first crack at these before I put them on E-bay. 95% of these CDs are like new – I either got them and never listened to them, or I only listened to them once.

If you are interested, e-mail me at kso4670(AT)yahoo.com. Like I said, I’m open to negotiations. Name your price, and let’s see what happens. . If anyone wants to buy ALL of these, I will be very willing to make you a great deal! :-) The entire listing is below.

Thanks –

KSO

First, the Box Sets, etc. -

Mahler – The Symphonies. Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Sir Georg Solti 10 disc box set of all of Mahler’s symphonies.

Dvorak – The Symphonies, London Symphony Orchestra/Istvan Kertesz. 6 disc box set of all of Dvorak’s symphonies.

Borodin – Prince Igor – Complete Opera. Kirov Chorus and Orchestra/Valery Gergiev. 3 disc box set.

Verdi – Rigoletto – Complete Opera. London Symphony Orchestra and the Ambrosian Opera Chorus/Richard Bonynge. 2 disc box set.

Brahms – The Symphonies, Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Sir Georg Solti. 4 disc set of all of Brahms’ symphonies.

Brahms – The 4 Symphonies/3 Hungarian Dances/Var. on a theme by Haydn, Wiener Philharmoniker & Berliner Philharmoniker – Wilhelm Furtwangler, cond. 3 disc set.

Brahms – The 4 Symphonies/Academic Festival Overture/Variations on a theme by Haydn – Scottish Chamber Orchestra/Sir Charles Mackerras. 3 disc box set.

Bruckner – Symphonies No. 3 and No. 7 – Staatskapelle Dresden/Eugen Jochum - 2 disc set

Now for the Single CDs –

Mahler Symphony No. 9 – Wiener Philharmoniker/Bruno Walter

Mahler Symphony No. 1 – Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Klaus Tennstedt

Mahler Symphony No. 4 – The London Symphony Orchestra/Harold Farberman

Mahler Symphony No. 1 - The London Symphony Orchestra/Harold Farberman

Bruckner Symphony No. 4 – New York Philharmonic/Kurt Masur – Live Recording

Bruckner Symphony No. 4 – Berliner Philharmoniker/Daniel Barenboim – Live

R. Strauss – Symphonic Music from Intermezzo/Die Liebe Der Danae/Die Frau Ohne Schatten/Der Rosenkavalier – Berliner Philharmoniker/Zubin Mehta

R. Strauss – Don Quixote & Tod und Verklarung – The Met Orchestra/James Levine

R. Strauss – Also sprach Zarathustra & Tod und Verklarung – Wiener Philharmoniker/Andre Previn

R. Strauss – Eine Alpensinfonie – Vienna Philharmonic/Andre Previn

R. Strauss – Don Juan & Don Quixote – Vienna Philharmonic/Andre Previn

R. Strauss – Also sprach Zarathustra & Ein Heldenleben – Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Fritz Reiner – and RCA Living Stereo recording.

R. Strauss – Ein Heldenleben & Four Last Songs – Vienna Philharmonic/Andre Previn

R. Strauss – The Best of Strauss Volume I – People’s Opera Orchestra of Vienna

R. Strauss – The Best of Strauss Volume II – People’s Opera Orchestra of Vienna

Sibelius – Finlandia/Valse triste/The Swan of Tuonela/Karelia Suite/Pohjola’s Daughter/En Saga – Philadelphia/Ormandy & New York/Bernstein

Bruckner – Symphony No. 7 – New York Philharmonic/Kurt Masur. Live Recording. Masur’s inaugural concert as Music Director with New York.

Rimsky-Korsakov – Scheherazade & Borodin – Polovtsian Dances. Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Seiji Ozawa.

Prokofiev – selections from Romeo and Juliet & Symphony No. 1 – Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Sir Georg Solti

Berlioz – Benvenuto Cellini/La damnation de Faust/Corsaire Overture, etc. Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and Chorus/David Zinman.

Prokofiev – Symphonies No. 1 and No. 5 – St. Louis Symphony (5) London Philharmonic (1)/Leonard Slatkin.

Prokofiev – Suite from ballet Romeo and Juliet – Philadelphia Orchestra/Riccardo Muti.

Liszt – Symphonic Poems – Gewandhausorchester Leipzig/Kurt Masur.

Stravinsky – Firebird/Petrushka/Fireworks – Baltimore Symphony Orchestra/David Zinman.

Strauss – Till Eulenspiegel/Grieg – Perr Gynt/Tchaikovsky – Romeo and Juliet. Wiener Philharmoniker/Herbert Von Karajan.

Holst – The Planets – Philharmonia Orchestra/Leonard Slatkin

Holst – The Planets – Berlin Philharmonic/Herbert Von Karajan.

Brahms – Symphony No. 4 & Variations on a theme by Haydn – Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Sir Georg Solti.

Brahms – Symphony No. 2/Tragic Overture/Academic Festive Overture – Wiener Philharmoniker/Leonard Bernstein

Prokofiev – Alexander Nevsky – St. Petersburg Philharmonic/Yuri Temirkanov. Enhanced CD – Full-length audio CD with bonus CD-ROM program compatible with Mac and Windows.

Tchaikovsky – 1812 Overture, etc. – Moscow Radio Symphony Orchestra& Chorus. Vladimir Fedoseev.

Tchaikovsky – 1812 Overture/Capriccio Italien/Romeo & Juliet/Francesca da Rimini –
Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Daniel Barenboim.

Respighi – Fountains of Rome/Pines of Rome & Debussy – La Mer. Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Fritz Reiner – an RCA Living Stereo recording.

Respighi – Fountains of Rome/Pines of Rome/Feste Romane – The Philadelphia Orchestra/Riccardo Muti.

Tchaikovsky – Symphony No. 4 and Romeo and Juliet – Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Sir Georg Solti.

Wagner – Highlights from The Ring – New York Philharmonic/Zubin Mehta
Chostakovitch – Symphony No. 7 – National Symphony Orchestra/Mstislav Rostropovitch.

Berlioz – Symphony Fantastique/Roman Carnival Overture/Les Francs-Juges Overture – Baltimore Symphony Orchestra/David Zinman.

Mussorgsky/Ravel – Picture at an Exhibition & Bartok – Concerto for Orchestra – Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Sir Georg Solti.

Revueltas – Sensemaya, etc. – Orquesta Filarmonica de la Ciudad de Mexico/Herrera de la Fuente. (Sensemaya opens with a substantial tuba solo).

Hindemith – Symphonic Metamorphoses & Matis der Mahler and Walton – Var. on a theme by Hindemith – Philadelphia Orchestra/Eugene Ormandy & Cleveland Orchestra/George Szell.

Rimsky-Korsakov – Scheherazade and Stravinsky – Song of the Nightingale. Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Fritz Reiner – and RCA Living Stereo recording.

Wagner – Highlights from Lohengrin – with Palcido Domingo and Jessye Norman. The Wiener Philharmoniker/Sir Georg Solti.

Wagner – Overtures and Preludes – Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Sir Georg Solti.

That’s all. E-mail me at kso4670(AT)yahoo.com if you are interested. Let’s make some deals. Like I said, if anyone wants to buy ALL of these, I will be very willing to make you a great deal! :-)

Thanks.

Follow Ups: