Re: Re: 14 Wind Band/Military Band CDs For Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Not always anymore.. on April 20, 2002 at 16:35:13:

In Reply to: Re: 14 Wind Band/Military Band CDs For Sale posted by military cd's, free on April 20, 2002 at 15:49:59:

While true in the past, there are now several retailers who sell Military Band recordings from the U.S. Military bands, as well as other countries. I've seen them with my own eyes in Tower, Borders, etc., etc.

While the U.S. Military is not allowed to sell them directly to folks (i.e., the Marine Band doesn't send stuff to Tower Records, or sell 'em to folks after shows when they are on tour, etc.), there are now several retailers who sell a healthy collection of military band recordings. I do not the details in terms of distribution, etc., but I know this is now the case.

The U.S. Military can only give them away for "educational, recruitment, and retainment" purposes. However, the rest of the world can do whatever they want with them. Capitalism is a great thing. If the seller isn't in the military, then he/she can do whatever they will with them, since they most likely paid for them in the first place. If you want the CDs listed for sale, buy them (instead of trying to quote old policies and guilting someone into giving them to you "for shipping only"). As a former military band member, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

My 2 cents.

Follow Ups: