Re: Re: Re: BB-Flat and C...what?!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg Crider on April 16, 2002 at 08:27:31:

In Reply to: Re: Re: BB-Flat and C...what?! posted by Rick Denney on April 15, 2002 at 13:27:49:

I agree with the idea that "key" is an outmoded term. When referring to music written for treble clef instruments, what "key" really refers to is the note that actually comes out of the instrument when it plays a written C. As this doesn't apply to bass clef instruments (a C is a C is a C . . .), let's drop the term altogether for trombones, baritones, tubas, euphoniums, celli, string basses, bass guitars, and the rest. Just say that they are concert pitch or true pitch.

Follow Ups: