Re: Re: Re: Anybody ever win an audition on BBb Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on April 15, 2002 at 12:10:44:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Anybody ever win an audition on BBb Tuba posted by Prickly Pete on April 13, 2002 at 20:13:14:

Greg Lemond competed in the Tour de France on a Huffy. In fact, he was sponsored by Huffy.

Of course, it was a hand-made custom-built racing bike with a Huffy label on it.

Lance Armstrong competes in the Tour de France on a Trek 5500 that is identical in any way that counts to one that is hanging on my basement wall. For some reason, mine just isn't as fast as his. It must be that U.S. Postal Service paint on his.

My point? A good horn is a good horn and won't hold back a wonderful musician. Lots of cheap BBb tubas have been made for schools, and optimized for beginners. Pros will want something with a more bendable pitch, that maintains its tone with such bending, and which is more free-blowing to take advantage of their greater air-movement efficiency. There are BBb tubas made to such standards, but they are more rare. The major companies have all produced pro-grade BBb tubas for the German market that are just as good as any CC for their intended purpose.

Rick "who owns a good BBb tuba but who doesn't deserve it" Denney

Follow Ups: