Re: Re: Alexander Nevsky

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on April 14, 2002 at 21:33:23:

In Reply to: Re: Alexander Nevsky posted by tubajake on April 14, 2002 at 11:20:07:

The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra recording made about 11 years ago is a very good one. I know, because I sang in the chorus. It is marketed on the Koss label. The Chicago Symphony Orchestra also has a very good recording out. The Milwaukee Symphony Chorus also sang along with the movie at Ravania in Chicago. The music for the movie is different that the music for the canata. We couldn't see the movie at Ravania from where we were sitting, so I checked out a VHS copy later to view. It is a very gory movie for its time! The pick-up orchestra was mostly Chicago Symphony Orchestra for that gig, also performed about 11 years ago. I remember talking with the tuba player some, I don't recall who he was, about horn preferences. I sat right behind the trumpet players, which was an awesome experience. I love the Alexander Nevsky canata and would dearly love to sing in it again! The low brass in it out of this world! Fantastic music!

Follow Ups: