Excellent Böhm & Meinl / 2nd hand German

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Volker Lantelme on April 14, 2002 at 11:29:18:

First of all many thanks to all of you who sent me their comments on my idea to start a confidental service of searching, finding and exporting used German tubas at favorable 2nd hand market prices. I invited you to open a discussion about this topic some days ago, and your statements encourage me to continue following up this idea.
By this occasion, I'd like to express my surprise about the fact, that the German brand Böhm & Meinl has been mentioned quite rarely in this forum so far.
It's a small company near Munich, manufacturing excellent tubas and brass sousaphones (I own some in my collection) being in the middle (reasonable) price range, but in the top quality range from my point of view. I never read or heard any negative critics but praising only.
Please be assured, that I am in no way taking any kind of advantage for this statement, I just want to let you know, that there is a small company (president is the well known Walter Nirschl) which obviously is flourishing in the shadow of all the bigger competitors (and maybe don't need plenty of promotion and marketing). Walter Nirschl had been working also for Boosey for many years, so I found him very competent for recently discussing with him the topic AUTOMATIC COMPENSATING SYSTEMS VS. 5th VALVE. Maybe this is also a hot topic to discuss in this forum - if not yet done already before.
Cheers, Volker, lantelme.import(AT)t-online.de, www.lantelme-offroad.de

Follow Ups: