Re: Eb or F Tubas (Inexpensive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by William Pemberton on April 14, 2002 at 07:21:41:

In Reply to: Eb or F Tubas (Inexpensive) posted by Wayne Rice on April 13, 2002 at 22:29:07:

Hey Wayne,
Long time hearing from you! Hope all is well. This doesn't directly answer your question, but is instead another possible suggestion. About seven years ago Wes Jacobs suggested I try out the Willson 3400 Eb. I ended up trading my CC and F for one at Brasswinds. If you're just getting more into it at the local level (I know what a fine player you are) I'm sure you can play everything on this horn, and man, is it fun and responsive! A true, clear, big tuba sound that just sings through the registers. I've used it in full orchestra and in chamber stuff - both with excellent results. You might also talk to Jay Bertolet, Mike Grant or Marty Erickson about what they're able to accomplish with it. Like I say, not exactly the suggestion you were asking for, but your Miraphone is a popular horn with a lot of players, and you could probably work a good trade. Good luck Wayne, good to hear you're still playing.
William Pemberton

Follow Ups: