Re: Re: B&S PT-6p for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on April 11, 2002 at 07:50:38:

In Reply to: Re: B&S PT-6p for sale posted by d on April 11, 2002 at 02:00:01:

follow up to anonymous d's wrist slapping and a word about intonation:

I would hope that most serious buyers interested in purchasing a B&S are aware of the "usual intonation concerns" (note the absence of the word problem). Regardless of how great anyone thinks a particular tuba is, there is not a tuba on the face of this planet that does not have a few intonation concerns. My comment simply states the fact that there is nothing unusual about the intonation on this particular instrument. With hard case, new Altieri bag, and almost brand new Doug Elliot mouthpiece, I believe $7500 is a very fair price for a PT6 in excellent shape.

We are not used car salesmen here and I refuse to include the often used "flawless intonation" comment - this, simply put, is false advertising. Show me a horn that plays right down the center on every pitch without fudging on a slide or using an alternate, and I will be first in line with checkbook in hand. On second thought, cash and lots of it.

Now, if you have an offer to make, let's talk. Otherwise, let the strings and woodwinds bark at one another about salesmanship.

Mike "will never make an anonymous post without an e-mail address" Allen

Follow Ups: