Re: Meinl Weston Harness/Tuba Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Andrada on April 09, 2002 at 13:12:44:

In Reply to: Meinl Weston Harness/Tuba Question posted by Ian Easton on April 09, 2002 at 08:43:28:

I have one and I use it on my Alex BBb which has sort of squared off rings that stand away from the horn about 3/8"

I think if your rings are more than about 1/4" you should be OK with the harness. I don't have it handy but I think the lower hook is about 1/8" metal rod with a protective rubber cover on the end, so it's less than 1/4" but you need a little "wiggle room" to get it through the ring.

The harness works well enough, but it's quite a production to put it on without getting it all twisteed and there are more straps and buckles to adjust than I'd like and you wind up with belt ends kind of dangling here and there!

There's a largish hard plastic plate that sits behind the lower hook and it reminds me of one of those things the Scots wear with their kilts (sporran???) that hangs down in front.

I don't much like it. It does the job alright so I have no functional complaints, it just LOOKS like overkill.

Follow Ups: