Re: BBb vs. CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thomas Peacock on April 09, 2002 at 08:16:01:

In Reply to: BBb vs. CC posted by Kyle Cabral on April 08, 2002 at 22:08:57:

I switched about a year ago from a YBB-641 to a Cerveny CC. I personally see a problem in the matter. With a 641 as long as you are not playing with 1st valve you're playing a tuba, as soon as you play with the 1st vale it turns into a trombone. I do realize that there will be some slide pulling on all horns, but in my experience (which isn't a lot, but I am going by other people's experiences as well) the 641 has been the worst. As far as the pedal range, can you play a pedal B natural? I highly doubt it. It didn't take me long at all to learn fingerings on CC. I got the CC around mid to late April of 2001, then in early May I gave a recital where I played the Hindemith and Air and Bourree. It took me about a month to feel comfortable with sight-reading on CC. It didn't help that I went back to BBb and also play trombone and euphonuim on a regular basis.

My solution to your problem. Buy a CC. Copy all of your music you have now, write in the fingerings and before you know it you'll be settled into the fingerings just fine. Good Luck

Follow Ups: