Re: Can someone help me with my trouble.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on April 08, 2002 at 14:33:58:

In Reply to: Can someone help me with my trouble. posted by Chris Johnson on April 08, 2002 at 14:13:47:

It all depend of the attitudes involved in the situation.

I have forgotten my mouthpiece 4 or 5 times over the years. I always have been happy for the help given to me in these situations.

Once it was in form of a fast cardrive back to my home. Once a spare mouthpiece, that I had loaned out, by accidence was available at the rehearsal. Once I could walk two blocks down the streat to a shop and loan a mouthpiece (which happened to be better than my own so that I actually ended up buying it).

The last situation was very embarrassing: I forgot my mouthpiece for a mall concert far from my home town. Fortunately I could loan a large trombone mouthpiece, so that I could fake my way through the tuba parts.

My conclusion is, that if basic rules of hygiene are abided to, then one should not decline help in such situations.

You might have a war running with your band director. But this situation does not create yet another field, where it should be fought.

Klaus

Follow Ups: