Re: Can someone help me with my trouble.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jason on April 08, 2002 at 14:25:32:

In Reply to: Can someone help me with my trouble. posted by Chris Johnson on April 08, 2002 at 14:13:47:

Hey, I send my kids to the office sometimes when they forget equipment, too. the bottom line is you need to have your stuff for band. as long as it never happens again I don't see any harm, and I'm sure your teacher won't hold a grudge.

Now about playing your teacher's mouthpiece...I hope you were polite about it. If you said something like "I'm not playing on that thing!" well, then, again, I would have sent you to the office, too. Most directors will use a sanitizing spray. I will offer mouthpieces to students, but certainly not force one on a student. As long as the mouthpiece isn't used ofter (ie that day) and you didn't stick you're tongue in it, you would likely have been fine. Was your director insisting that you not wash it out?

Again, make sure you're polite and respectful and everything should be fine. Remember, your director's day is likely filled with people forgetting stuff and sitting in his class doing nothing. It has to get frustrating after a while. While he may not be the bast, I'm sure he's doing his best.

Follow Ups: