Re: Re: Ithaca or Cincinnati?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brendan on April 06, 2002 at 22:33:20:

In Reply to: Re: Ithaca or Cincinnati? posted by Cincinnati Native... on April 06, 2002 at 10:47:03:

I'm a senior at CCM, and what they say about the trombone studio is true. Still, there are some very good trombonists that do stay here. However, Prof. Northcut is an amazing teacher and he can make you so much better a player in the four years of your undergrad. I play euphonium, but my fellow tuba player in my class came in as a good tubist, but now in four years he is amazing. He is invited to San Fransisco, and that says a lot. JatTik Clark did his masters here my when I first got here for school, and now he plays in Portland, was a finalist in Boston last year, and could very well win the San Fran audition as well.

You might want to email Eric Spinelli. He plays in the Air Force Band of Liberty in Boston, but he did his undergrad at Ithaca and his masters here at CCM. His email is easpin(AT)excite.com and he might be more helpful. I can say Ithaca would probably give you more of a normal undergraduate education, bt if you come to CCM and work your tail off, you will be a great player when you leave. Feel free to email me as well.

Brendan

Follow Ups: