Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Someone has to know..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Not pointless on April 02, 2002 at 19:43:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Someone has to know.. posted by jones on April 02, 2002 at 19:25:30:

Think of all the money the applicants spent just getting to Boston and staying over night to be told "uhhhh we don't know". Thats ridiculous! They have the country's best tuba players sitting there and they still can't decide!!! I hope this is just the rumors flying around and not the truth. A well respected professional tubist once said that it takes a lot more to win an orchestra job than it does to actually do it. I could understand if it was a local community orchestra but come on!!! This is BSO and all the studs geared up for this chance. Let's say that they still don't choose and hold it open for next season. The sub guy still sits there for an entire season but he is not good enough for the full time gig??? Or are they just waiting for the "right" person to audition(the one guy that is preselected to win just by showing up) I don't know just spewing out some of my disgust mixed with my ignorance. I could be wrong and for all the players that auditioned I hope I am.

Follow Ups: