Re: Re: Audition Pieces?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tubajake on April 02, 2002 at 19:10:24:

In Reply to: Re: Audition Pieces? posted by Trystan on April 02, 2002 at 15:02:18:

Well, you could try the Persichetti Serenade #12, Frackenpohl's Variations on The Cobblers Bench is also pretty good. I agree with the Wilder no. 1 (mostly the first movement) and the Effie. Other good pieces are the Gregson Concerto, the Curnow Concertino and the Jager Concerto. There's really nothing wrong with the piece that you're working on, either. It's actually a great audition piece, just be sure that you practice it "religiously" WITH A METRONOME or it'll end up being a major turn-off. But whatever you decide, be sure that you can play it along with the excerpts and such without sounding fatigued. The biggest thing to remember is that there are two things that captivate an audience: Tone (or general sound) and musicality (tempo and dynamic exaggeration and phrasing). There's probably a little bit more to consider when thinking about musicality, but I'm at the stage where my musicality is just done... second nature I guess you could say.

Anyhow, good luck.

Follow Ups: