TUBA Journal suggestions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony Labelle on April 29, 2001 at 11:06:34:

I just thought I'd post a few suggestions of what *I* think would make the journal more interesting...

1- as I posted below, some sort of CD insert with each issue... this can be done very inexpensively, and could ideally contain either some excerpts from CDs on the Market, or even some sounds recorded ONLY for TUBA Members... I think it'd even be worth paying a couple of dollars more per year for this addition...

2- AUTObiographies of some of the big names... not just a summary of their accomplishments written by the secretary of their orchestra, or one of their students, but a first hand account of their musical development, struggles, triumphs, etc... something that all of us students/amateurs/freelancers can relate to in one way or another.

3- something I always enjoy reading on this BBS, but haven't seen too much of in the journal is in depth analysies of new horns... I like reading educated descriptions of the different horns on the market, that list both the pros and the cons... and am pretty tired of reading all those lame descriptions that all say "has a great sound and is even in all registers". I like to read about side-by-side comparisons of similar horns, too.

4- Page 5 Girl. You know, like in Weekly World News!

Anthony

Follow Ups: