Re: Yorkbrunners and Nirschl Yorks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark McMahon on April 26, 2001 at 23:19:49:

In Reply to: Yorkbrunners and Nirschl Yorks posted by John G. on April 26, 2001 at 07:55:04:

It's the difference of six and one half-dozen.

In my humble opinion, the Yorkbrunner has a bit of a learning curve to it that the Nirchl doesn't. Frankly, I think that the Nirschl may be an overall friendlier blowing tuba. But you will also hear a lot of guys who swear that the Nirschl doesn't have the carrying power of the Yorkbrunner. Even still, the Yorkbrunners that I have played by comparison to the Nirschls that I have played didn't immediately respond to manipulation positive or negative whereas the Nirschls did.

Maybe this is just me...I do tend to just play wide open and blow the piss out of an instrument. That is what works for me. If you play that way, then I know the Nirschl will work. I think that one may have to be a little more gentle on the front end with a Yorkbrunner (NO OFFENSE TO ALL THE YORKBRUNNER FANS OUT THERE). However as I mentioned before, some people say that the Yorkbrunner has a superior sound. Six and one half dozen....

Hope that helps,
Mark (I dig my Nirschl) McMahon

Follow Ups: