Re: covering for an electric bass player..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nameless on April 25, 2001 at 21:14:01:

In Reply to: covering for an electric bass player.. posted by Mark McMahon on April 25, 2001 at 10:22:06:

I got a call to fill in with a friend's rock band on bass at a party. It was only a few dollars and free beer but I wasn't doing anything else so I said O.K. After driving through the wooods forever, we pulled up for the show to a large metal barn surrounded by dozens of 4x4 trucks most with gun racks and rebel flags somewhere on them. We seemed to be the only ones there without shaved heads, tattoos, and with teeth. If I haden't known better I would have thought we were at a KKK rally. Who knows they could have ended the meeting before we got there. Anyway, we set up in the barn on the dirt floor and played the standard Skynerd tunes while everyone got drunk. Some of the party goers looked a little young but eveyone seemed of age, until we began to pack up. I walked outside and noticed a 12 or 13 year old girl funneling a beer. Evidently, the children of most of the partiers had been partying themselves on the outside of the barn. We quickly threw our stuff in the car and got the hell ot of there. I would have reported them to Children's Services but I figured they probably already knew about them and I really didn't want anyone to know I was there.

Follow Ups: