Re: Tuba Colleges

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on April 14, 2001 at 06:54:00:

In Reply to: Tuba Colleges posted by Need to KNow on April 13, 2001 at 22:48:15:

Look for yourself! Everybody on this list, no matter how well-intentioned they are, is going to suggest stuff from their own experience. When I was looking for schools, I got a book (I forget the name now) from the library that listed ALL of the teachers at ALL of the colleges, universities and conservatories around the country, their locations, tuition costs, you name it. Ask ALL the schools you think look good to send you information (it doesn't cost you anything) and check it out for yourself.

I guess the reason I'm so opinionated about this is because I just went against a LOT of people's suggestions (including my own teacher's) in chosing a grad. school. I made my decision based on "bang-for-the-buck," available teachers, available opportunities, facilities, location, other students at the school, general feel of the school, etc. I REALLY suggest you do as much footwork as you can on your own and see what feels, sounds and looks best for YOU and for YOUR current situation.

Just my opinion... that's what you wanted, right?

Follow Ups: