Re: Voyager Music stand bag

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenneth Sloan on April 13, 2001 at 14:03:29:

In Reply to: Voyager Music stand bag posted by Sean Chisham on April 13, 2001 at 11:27:08:

The bag for the Voyager stand is very useful. At $22 it's easily worth the money.
It has a nice padded strap, and a side pouch with three Velcro closures.
I recommend it.

Now for the downsides. When empty, the bag has no structure to it. The Velcro closures on the side pouch are relatively far apart. As a result, it's common for small objects (clothespins, pencils, valve oil bottles, etc.) to fall out. A zippered closure for the side pouch would be a great improvement!

The stand itself packs nicely, and the desk of the stand defines a space which is perfect for music (even an oversized folder) - but - both sides of the deck present protrusions which can make it uncomfortable to carry slung over your shoulder. On the one side, you have the mechanism which connects the desk to the support. On the other side, you have the lip of the desk.

The bag is an "end loader" - the zipper extends along two sides of a rectangle (the "top" and one "end" of the bag when carried by the strap. I suspect that it would be an improvement to extend the zipper along the other "end" so that the bag could open completely (like a briefcase)

So...I think it's definitely worth $22 - but it's not perfect.

I carry my tiny YBB621S in a molded case, so the Voyager bag is used (and is useful) as a separate place to store music, small paraphenalia, etc. I suspect it would be possible to attach the Voyager bag on the side of a dent bag.

Follow Ups: